- 16 ounces ground turkey
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 28 ounces *diced tomatoes (canned)
- 6 ounces *tomato paste
- 16 ounces can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves cut into thirds
* In large skillet, over medium-high heat, combine ground turkey, chopped
onion, green pepper, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
* Cook until turkey no longer appears pink. Drain off any excess juices.
* Add all the seasonings and combine.
* Reduce heat to medium-low and add diced tomatoes, tomato paste* and
black beans. Stir occasionally. Cover and simmer for 35-45 minutes. (To
increase "heat," add red pepper flakes and chili powder to taste.)
* Serve hot and garnish with shredded cheese and fresh cilantro.
Award Winning Chili Recipes