* 1 quart water
* 2 lbs ground chuck, crumbled
* 2 medium onions, finely chopped
* 6 cloves garlic, finely minced
* 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
* 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
* 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
* 10 peppercorns, ground
* 8 whole ground allspice
* 8 whole cloves, ground
* 1 large bay leaf
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate, grated
Bring water to a boil in a large pot.
Add the ground beef-raw-stir until seperated and reduce heat to simmer.
Add onions, garlic, tomato sauce, cider vinegar and worcestershire sauce.
Stir to mix well.
Add peppercorns, allspice, cloves, bay, salt, cinnamon, cayenne and
Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 3 hours.
Cool and refrigerate overnight.
Skim off all of the fat and discard along with the bay leaf.
Reheat and serve over hot spaghetti.
Award Winning Chili Recipes